What personal information does Sontay collect?
Sontay collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about the site.
- Transaction, billing, and delivery information,
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g., if you send email feedback to our website, ask a technical question, request a return, or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality, and staff training purposes.
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter a competition.
- If you interact with one of our sales team when they visit your premises or any meeting.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products you purchase, and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own purposes and product promotion
How do we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your online account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our Internal Sales Team.
- To personalise the website to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history, and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain our website and monitor its usage.
- For market research, we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps prior to entering a contract with you (e.g., where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of Sontay and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g., where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
With whom does Sontay share your personal information?
Sontay do not share your information with any other organisation with exception of cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Sontay, our customers, employees, or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Sontay Data storage
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax, and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.