This introductory course is designed for those who do not require the full technical detail of the building controls courses (BCM01-BCM06), or who are new to this area of the industry.
The course provides full coverage of day-to-day involvement in building controls and HVAC, but at a level that does not focus on the technical detail. The course is designed for facilities managers and estates managers, as well as electricians and other building services trades personnel who wish to become more informed in this sphere of work.
- What is a control system?
- Types of control heating systems.
- Primary heating plant.
- Distribution of heating.
- Basic control of heating.
- Hot water service.
- Centralised HWS.
- Ventilation and air conditioning.
- Fresh air, heating & cooling with air systems.
- Basic control of air systems.
- Relative humidity and the psychometric chart.
- The concept of humidity.
- Basic use of the psychometric chart.
- Basic humidity control.
- Primary air plant.
- The air handling unit.
- Multi zone system.
Book this course:
Complete the booking registration details below and we’ll email you an official invoice for payment. Payment can be made on a purchase order or by debit/credit card via a payment link.
BCIA Member - £305 + VAT
Non-Members - £385 + VAT
Memberships will be checked.