Involving the main water circuits and systems used within the building services controls environment, this course includes the necessary mechanical knowledge needed to understand applications and covers all aspects of valve sizing and control.
The course is designed for engineers and technicians who have some knowledge and a recommended minimum of one year field experience within the industry. It is also recommended that candidates complete Fundamentals of HVAC & Building Technology (BCM01) first.
At the end of this course, delegates will understand:
- The appropriate valves and actuators for a given hydraulic circuit (also in terms of control).
- The ways to analyse hydraulic plants to find out if problems are caused by hydraulics or control.
- Course Content
- Introduction to hydraulic circuits.
- Hydraulic characteristics of valves and actuators and sizing controlling elements.
- Pressure independent valves.
- Variable speed pumps.
- Sizing of the controlling elements.
- Hydraulic circuit problems.
- Valve sizing.
- Valve sizing practical test.
- End of course assessment.
Book this course:
Complete the booking registration details below and we’ll email you an official invoice for payment. Payment can be made on a purchase order or by debit/credit card via a payment link.
BCIA Member - £475 + VAT
Non-Members - £635 + VAT
Memberships will be checked.